Hiring a Home Exterior Painter - What You Should Look Out For...
The exteriors of your home are vulnerable to damage caused by sun, rain and other elements of nature. It is therefore important to maintain the same properly. While regular cleaning of the walls of the exteriors could help, homeowners you also must understand the need to paint the exteriors of the home as and when needed. While many homeowners would like to try out DIY ways and means to have their exteriors painted, it is a better idea to choose professional painter and roofer for doing. They know how to go about it and therefore will be able to offer the best value for money. However, with so many professional EXTERIOR PAINTERS out there in the market place hiring a suitable professional is not easy. As customers, we need to be well informed and then take the right decision. We are happy to talk about some of the most important points to be kept in mind when you are planning to hire the right home exterior painters.
WHY THE NEED FOR EXTERIOR HOME PAINTING
There are some important reasons why you should have the exteriors of your home painted on a regular basis. We are listing down some of the main reasons for the same:
- Keeps the exterior walls and other fixtures in good condition. As mentioned earlier, the exteriors of the home are impacted by sun, rain, biting cold, and other natural elements. Therefore they are prone to more damage. In such situations, it becomes extremely important to have the exteriors painted regularly. It helps to strengthen the walls and also prevents it from corrosion, rusting, peeling off, and other such problems.
- Increases its value. Homes that are painted regularly do look good from the outside. At the same time, they keep the walls, roofing, and other such places in the best of condition. This goes a long way in increasing the value for the home by a few thousand dollars. If you ever want to sell your home, you can be reasonably sure that you will be able to get a much better rate when compared to those homes where the exteriors are not painted.
- It makes your home stand out. If you want your home to stand out from the rest of the crowd, then it is quite obvious that you would like the interiors as well as the exteriors to look good. This is possible only when you have the exteriors of the home painted on a regular basis. Your home will look quite fresh and new when compared to other homes in your neighborhood.
- It can help repair damages. There are many small damages that can turn big if they are not addressed as soon as possible. The same applies to the exteriors of your home. Hence, regular painting of the exteriors helps identify such small problems and have them corrected before they assume serious proportions.
POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN CHOOSING EXTERIOR PAINTERS
As mentioned above, it is always a much better choice to hire professional exterior painters for doing the job. They know the job better and will be able to do a good job of it. However, before hiring these professionals, you must keep in mind the following tips so that you are able to get the full value for money for the money you spend on your painting.
- Consider the experience and expertise of these professionals. This will make a big difference as far as the quality of work and finish is concerned. As a thumb rule, always hire only those painters who have with them at least eight to ten years of experience if not more.
- Ensure that they are able to choose the right paint colors. This should be in line with the overall theme that you may have had in mind while building the home in the first place. Secondly, your painters must also take into account the surrounding landscape. It should be in line with the landscape and should not get into competition with it.
- Also, make sure that that the attractive details of the home are not hidden in any manner because of exterior painting. Alternately, professional exterior painting professionals will do everything that it takes to accentuate the finer points of the exterior of the homes.
They should also be experts in mitigating small flaws that may creep into your home. Because of the elements of nature, passing of time, and the wear and tear it causes.
They should also be able to do the right investigative and preteritive work before starting your project. Professional painters will not start the work immediately, they will have a close inspection done first. Then, decide the type of paints used, the time frame needed to complete the job, and other factors that could interfere with the overall quality.
ASK FOR REFERENCES
As a customer, before choosing EXTERIOR PAINTERS please make sure that you are choosing the right service providers. They should be able to share the references of their previous customers and you must not hesitate in contacting as many as possible and get feedback from them. This is a much better way of getting to know more about the credentials of these professionals instead of merely depending on their advertisements, and talks over the phone or even when you happen to meet them face to face.
SECURITY & SAFETY OF THE WORKERS
Painting the exterior of the home is risky and the firm doing the job must take complete and total care of the safety and security of the workers. They must be covered adequately under a comprehensive insurance policy and the customers should be kept out of any possible litigation should something go wrong.
COMPETITIVE RATES, QUALITY & WARRANTY
Finally, before hiring these professionals make sure that they offer competitive pricing for the entire contract. However, make sure that you do not compromise on quality under any circumstances just because they are offering the whole contract at lower pricing. Also insist on warranty and guarantee for workmanship, the materials that they use, and other such things. At the end of the day, as a customer, your objective must be to ensure that you get the best value for money from these professionals for the money you spend.
Final Thoughts on Hiring the Right Exterior Painting Company
To conclude, it is quite obvious that regular painting of the exteriors of your home is not a choice but a necessity. It helps in adding value to your home and prevents expensive damages. But you must make sure that you get the painting job done by experienced professionals who are experts in doing a good job of it. Call KOG Roofing Today (817) 501-2727
FAQs and Common Questions to Painting the Outside of your Home
Before beginning the painting project, the surface of your house should be clean, dull, and dry. Wash off any chalk, dirt, and mildew. Protect landscape plants by covering them with plastic. After cleaning the house, scrape off any peeling or cracked paint, then sand and prime the area.
Best overall: Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint and Primer in One.
Best for siding: KILZ Exterior Siding, Fence, and Barn Paint.
Best for wood: Rust-Oleum Zinsser PermaWhite Exterior Paint. Best for
Best for brick: Glidden Premium Semi-Gloss Latex Exterior Paint.
The advantages of rolling a house vs. spraying are that the paint will be applied much thicker giving overall better coverage than if it was sprayed. Also, it is much easier to be precise and when a house is rolled it eliminates the risk of such things like overspray.
The best temperatures for exterior paint vary depending on the type. Whether you use oil or latex-based paint. Oil-based paint can be applied when the temperatures are between 40°- 90° F and latex between 50°- 85° F.
Services KOG Roofing Provides the Residents of Texas!
If you notice any signs that warranty any repair, it is best to act immediately to avoid deterioration of the problem. Ignored repair needs will warrant entire roof replacement in the future, which is quite expensive. However, if you opt for the DIY approach, be cautious as climbing on high-end roofs is dangerous. Lastly, hiring a pro is the best way to ensure your roof is repaired appropriately. Types of roofing services we provide: